South America

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Barb - Patagonia!


Chile is fantastic! I spent an amazing couple days in Coyhaique, relaxing with the Ellentons and enjoying their warm hospitality, visiting with the Otarolas, and loving my first non-hotel bed sleep in months!! Thanks, Gary and Louise!

I then hopped on a plane to Puerto Montt, and caught the ferry that travels along the Patagonian coastline for four days, heading south to Puerto Natales. The ferry trip was gorgeous, with amazing scenery the whole way, despite some rain. We motored all the way up to the Glaciar Pio XI, the largest glacier in south america and the only advancing glacier in south america. (most glaciers these days are retreating). So that was pretty fantastic!

I have met up with a couple other people, one girl from Saskatchewan and a Hungarian guy who is now working as a ski guide in Revelstoke, and the three of us are going to start a five-day hike in Torres del Paine national park tomorrow. I am pretty excited, since this is something I have been dreaming about doing since I was thirteen!

More after the hike....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home